Circa Fall 1862 (Probably September to November 1862 - Part of Letter with Date Missing)

Beginning of this letter not available - date estimate based on the fact that brother Robert is still alive and unit records that indicate that the 72nd was at Columbus, Kentucky from September to November 1862. His desire to obtain heavy boots also hints at Fall as the time of year.


...as I want to get a heavy pair of boots. They will cost from 8 to 10 dollars. Have you seen anything about the money I left for you to draw in Chicago. If you have not I wish you would. I believe I told you that I saw Dyer at Cairo. Well I must hurry Give my love to all. Kiss Clint, Bell and Grace for me. Rob tell me he told you I let Lydia have all the money she wanted to finish her schooling. You can take part of mine when you get it for the rest. Regards to the Fowler girls.

Your Affect Son
Edward

P.S. Direct to Columbus, Kentucky Care of Dr. E. Powell, Surgeon
72nd Regiment Ill. Vols



No comments:

Post a Comment