July 24, 1863

Head Quarters 6th Division
Hospital 17th Army Corps
Vicksburg July 24, 1863

Dear Mother,

I saw Wes Baker the other day and received the pictures. They are very nice, and am much obliged for them. I should liked to have had Emmas with them. I tell you they made me think of home and wish that I was thare. Mother some time ago I sent you twenty dollars by our Chaplain and he was to have expressed it to you from Chicago. I have written to you twice since then and have not heard anything about it. Have you received it yet. I have not been very well for the past few days, but feel much better today. We intend moving our Hospital to the City in a few days. l think it will be much better than it is now as we have to draw every thing so far now. I saw the young Rumble the other day, he is looking well. He says his brother has bought the lot next to yours. Does he intend building on it. I received a letter from Lydia the other day. Will answer it by the next mail as I will not have time for this one. Give my love to all. Tell Emma she must answer my last letter. Kiss Clinty, Bell and Eddie and Charlie for me.

Your Affect Son
Edward
(Direct as usual)

No comments:

Post a Comment