February 25, 1865

Hd. Qrs. 1st Brig 3rd Div 16th Army Corps
New Orleans La Feb 25th 1865

Dear Mother

This morning I received two letters from you one bearing date of Nov 16th 1864 and acknowledging the rect. of the Carpet Bag and also the fifty dollars I sent you from Cairo. The other bears date of Feb 10th. I also received one from Philadelphia written on the 31st of October so you see how regular we get our mails, and from the way you write I expect my letters are detained some place in the same way. It has stopped raining this morning and as soon as it dries up under foot a little I shall go up to the City. I wrote to you yesterday. I'm in hops we will draw our pay at this point, if we do I will send it to you as soon as I draw it. Love to all. Tell Emma she has not answered my last in fact two last letters yet.

Your Affectionate Son
Edward

I have always forgotten to tell you that that carpet Bag I sent you from Cairo was the one Robert brought from home with him, he gave it to me when we first came out at Columbus Ky. as he had no way of carrying it.

Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment