February 11, 1865

On Steamer Kate Kinney
Memphis Tenn. Feb. 11th 1865

My Dear Mother,

We reached this landing this morning. We have had quite a quick trip from Cairo. We left thare yesterday morning. We are now beginning to get in a warmer climate which suits me. I have been through the city this morning. It appears to be all alive with business (quite a contrast to when we was here the first time) and if it was not for so many blue coats, one would hardly think of the war. We will probably remain here until evening and then push on down stream for Vburg whare we will wait for orders.

I cannot form any idea to what point we go from thare. The general opinion seems to be New Orleans.

I'm not feeling very well, have been under the weather for several days. Hope to be all right soon.

Give my love to all.

Your Affectionate Son
Edward


No comments:

Post a Comment