March 11, 1865

Hd Quarters 3rd Division 16th A.C.
Near New Orleans, La March 11, 1865

Dear Mother,

We are making preperations to leave this Place. we moved up from our old camp today and are now some three miles back of the City which is about half way to Lake Pontchartrain where we are going to embark. we leave here tomorrow at ten O Clock. Our Destination is Dauphin Island. I have changed my possition from Brigade to Division Hd Quarters for the reason that the Office of Brigade Inspector has been done away with. am in the same department here. Think I shall like it quite as well here as at the Brigade. I received and answered a letter from Emma day before yesterday. The weather was quite cold here yesterday but today has been beautiful. Give my love to all.
Will write as soon as we arrive at Dauphin Island.

Your Affectionate Son
E.G.Stevens.
P.S. Direct to Dauphin Island
Via: New Orleans La

No comments:

Post a Comment