January 5, 1862

Galesburg, January 5th, 1862

Dear Mother,

Your letter of the 27th was not received untill the 1st of this month. I'm glad to hear that William is still improving. What has been the matter with him. You did not say in your last. I have quite recovered and have been to work for ten or twelve days. I still retain the room I occupied whilst I was sick, as the folks would not concent to my going down to the store to sleep again, and for which I'm not sorry for whenever I come home at night there is always a good fire in the room, and every thing comfortable. I do not get to the store quite as early in the mornings though, as I would like for we do not have breakfast untill 8 o'clock, but I suppose it is early enough for this time of the year. I generally sweep the store and cover the fire up so that it will keep all night before I go home evenings, so there is not much to do in the morning. I suppose that Robert will retain his situation when he returns home. I suppose you do not know when that will be. As it is getting very near church time I must stop. We have had quite a heavy fall of snow today. The last time l heard from Kate they was all well. Kiss all of the children for me and write soon.
From Your Affectionate
Son Edward.
You have not heard anything from _______ Sherwood yet have you.
E


No comments:

Post a Comment